Thursday, March 4, 2010

Talking about cleaning - somethings you may forget about!

As I was wiping down the shelves in the pantry this morning, I was running down the list of other things I should do in my head.

Here are some things you may forget to do:
  • Home Security System - Did you know that if you have a home security system, it is likely, that you are supposed to "test" it once a month.  Refer to your manual or call your specific company for details.  If you are not testing, it may affect your homeowners/renters insurance.  You would have to look at your specific company/contract for the details.  I know with my company if I do not do my monthly test (which is done from my keypad) that it is actually a contract violation!  It may also affect my insurance coverage should I have a break in!
  • Pet medicines.  Such as heartworm medicine and flea/tick drops.
  • Pet bathing, brushing, and nail trimming.  This is, of course, if you do these things yourself.  We do.  It is so much easier if you do this once a month rather than waiting until it is really bad.  Plus your pets get more used to it.
  • Cleaning your washer!!  If you have a front loader you may have the option on the front to "clean washer."  With my washer this involves loading bleach into the bleach spot and setting it to clean.  It does the rest.  Your really should wipe off your rubber seal as well.
  • Dishwashers can also be washed too!  You can buy dishwasher cleaner at Walmart and other stores of the same.  This detergent removes stains and lime buildup in your dishwasher.  
  • Garbage disposals!  They sell garbage disposal cleaner.  I use these little yellow balls that I get at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  They smell like lemon and seem to do a good job.  I don't have a stinky disposal!!
  • Outdoor trash cans.  I at least try to spray them with disinfectant once a month or every two weeks during the winter months.  Spring, summer, and fall, I take them out once a  month and hose them out and then spray them.  Otherwise *ugh* no one wants to open that lid!!
  • Inside trash cans.  I lift mine up to the sink, spray it with an all purpose cleaner and then use my sprayer to rinse it.  
These are just some of the things I sometimes forget to do!  So I thought, well, if I forget, I bet someone else does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment